FRISCO, Texas  – (Saturday, March 18) – Maxi Urruti netted two second-half goals to give his team its second come-from-behind victory in four days as FC Dallas defeated the New England Revolution, 2-1, tonight at Toyota Stadium.
New England opened the match on the attack and drew first blood in the 10th minute after Cristian Colman was whistled for a foul in the box on a Revolution corner kick. Dallas native Lee Nguyen stepped up to take the penalty kick, sending FC Dallas goalkeeper Chris Seitz to his right side before knocking a low shot into the bottom left corner of the goal.

The Revolution would have has a two-goal lead, if not for Seitz, who punched away a hard shot from Kei Kamara in the 12th minute. Looking for the 87th goal of his MLS career, Kamara received the ball on the top left corner of the area, cut around a pair of defenders and ripped a rising shot towards the near post. Seitz was in position and reacted well. His two-fisted punch kept the deficit at one goal and Dallas began to steady itself.

Dallas’ pressure produced nine corner kicks by the 58th minute, but the team could not unlock the New England defense, leading Oscar Pareja to make two offensive substitutions by the 60th minute, bringing on Michael Barrios for Cristian Colman and inserting Tesho for Paxton Pomykal.

Seitz made his second save of the match and on Kamara in the 68th minute after the forward found space between Dallas’ center backs. Kamara brought down a long pass, turned and got off a low shot to the back post. Once again, Seitz was in position. He made a diving save to his right side and smothered the rebound.

The tide finally turned for Dallas in the 71st minute, when Maynor Figueroa launched a perfect long bomb to Barrios, who ran a fly route up the right flank. The 60-yard pass cleared the last defender by centimeters and Barrios brought the ball down in stride. New England goalkeeper Cody Cropper charged off his line to take the ball off of Barrios’ foot and Urruti latched onto the loose ball, walked to his right, and split a pair of New England defenders for his second goal of the MLS season.

Urruti stole the show six minutes later, swiping the ball from a New England defender and ripping a hole through the smallest of windows at Cropper’s near post. The brace was the second of Urruti’s career. The first also came in a 2-1 win that was willed into existence by the Argentine, during his time with Portland Timbers FC, on May 24, 2014.

Please follow and like us: